An about us page is a very important part of your website. It allows the readers to learn more about your company and gives them insight into who you are as a business owner and your business.
Having written many blog posts for other websites in the past, I have come across many different types of About Us pages: some have been well-written and engaging. In contrast, others were boring or confusing due to poor grammar usage or spelling errors.
What is an About Us page?
An About Us page is a great way to introduce your business and its mission to customers. It’s also a good idea to use it as a platform for telling your story, sharing any awards or recognition you may have received, and giving customers an inside look at what makes your company unique.
The About Us page is also a great place to provide information about your business, including your location, hours of operation and contact information.
As with your website content, you should use the About Us page to tell people what they need to know about your business. This is a good place to provide information on your business’s history, mission statement and goals.
Consider adding a section on the About Us page highlighting your team members. This is a great way for customers to know who they’re working with and how the company operates.
How to Create an About Us Page that Attracts and Retains Customers?
The first step to creating an About Us page that attracts and retains customers is making it easy to find. You can do this by including a link on your homepage or in the footer of every page of your website.
It’s also important to make your About Us page easy to read, understand and navigate through so visitors can easily access it. This means using short sentences and paragraphs with lots of white space around them so people can easily scan through all the information they need without getting overwhelmed by too much text at once (which will make them run away).
You should also include links within each section so readers can go straight there if they want more information about something specific – this makes things easier for them because they can choose what part interests them most rather than having all kinds of stuff thrown at them all at once.
What is the Purpose of Having an About Us Page?
The main purpose of having an About Us page is for you to share information about your business, as well as its history and mission.
This is the first thing visitors see when they land on your website. Therefore, because it’s so important, ensure you take the time to create a great About Us page. You can use this section of your site to tell the story of how your company came into being by sharing stories from when it was founded or by explaining what inspired its creation in the first place.
If you want to make a good impression on visitors, providing them with information about your company is important. This includes its history, mission statement, and current projects.
You can also use this section to tell visitors about the people behind your brand. This can be a great way to connect with them and make them feel more connected to your company.
Questions to Ask When Creating an About Us Page
Before you start writing and designing your About Us page, you need to ask yourself these questions:
- What is the purpose of your About Us page?
- What are the goals of your business?
- How can you make sure that people find what they’re looking for on it?
- How do you want your customers to feel when they visit your website?
- What can you do to make sure that they find what they’re looking for it?
- How can you use the About Us page to tell your brand story?
Information to Include in the About Us Page
You have many options for how to tell your company’s narrative. Creating a template for an About Page that works for everyone is challenging. Generally speaking, consider what you want and what you believe visitors want to know about you. Your brand’s personality should also come through clearly in this. Make it clear to visitors with whom they are doing business
Regardless of the goal of your website, the following list is merely a suggestion of the numerous pieces of information you could include on your “About Us” page. Not everything needs to be on your page. Choose the information that you believe is relevant to your company.
Every company has a unique story to share. An “About” page should always provide a portion of the narrative about you or your business. This is especially true for bloggers and smaller businesses. These days, consumers adore brands with personalities. Also, using stories to connect with your audience is a great strategy.
How did the concept for this blog or business occur to you? When did you decide to go through with this? How has it changed all those years? Feel free to write about and summarise such situations.
Consider writing a few paragraphs that briefly summarise your progress and background. You don’t need to be a book author to write one; it doesn’t even have to be very long.
Your Company Mission
Your company’s objective and how you service your customers are outlined in your mission statement, which is an action-based statement. This can occasionally include an explanation of the business, what it does, and its goals.
A company’s mission statement needs to address the “what,” “who,” and “why” of your business. As a result, your mission statement essentially sums up the principles by which your business runs.
Your company is made up of its workforce. Let’s face it, without the people that run your business, it couldn’t exist. Briefly introduce them to your website visitors in this part. You don’t have to introduce each one individually. But it’s beneficial to engage some key players, such as the founders and management group, in this.
Customers expect to be treated with respect. They need to sense like they are speaking with people for it to occur. Don’t forget to mention your principles and who you are as a team or individual. Which principles do you uphold? What is the culture of your company like? What do you provide to the bigger picture, which includes your neighbourhood and the wider world?
The Do’s When Creating an About Us Page
- Showcase your brand’s personality through communication (copywriting style and tone of voice) or visual components like colours, logos, and imagery.
- Create a fantastic and captivating design for your page! Give your content an attractive design to entice readers to click on it. Ensure your content is evenly distributed so visitors can read and explore it more easily. Don’t drive them away with endless text blocks. Leave some white space in your design to avoid overwhelming visitors with information. Moreover, white spaces let your text and graphics stand out.
- Use eye-catching images and graphics to show off the personality of your brand. All brands must consider imagery as a key component. You may establish a strong connection with your visitors by choosing photos that speak to them.
- Incorporating video content in this section can be a terrific idea. Particularly if you have videos your visitors will find interesting or if you simply want to highlight other awesome aspects of your business. Just be careful not to go crazy and include things like a recap of your year-end celebration.
- Make subpages with links to your About Us page for various types of information. Your page will remain cleaner as a result. Let’s say you sponsor a charitable fund with your business. That’s a fantastic thing, and you should let everyone know about it on your About page. You can mention your charity fund in this part without going into great detail and simply linking to a page where people can learn more about it.
- Here, your copywriting and content need to be strong. Avoid writing lengthy texts or making them so brief that readers might assume you don’t care. In addition, your content should be compelling, understandable, and clear.
Create Your About Us Page with Digital Rescue
Your “About Us” page offers an excellent opportunity to interact with potential customers. They provide the first impression of your business and aid in defining who you are and the benefits of doing business with you. Creating a fantastic About Us page might be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start.
Our Melbourne website design agency steps in to help with that. We can assist you in creating a website with an About Us page that accurately represents your company and satisfies the demands of your visitors by combining the web design expertise of Digital Rescue with the industry-leading SEO and content strategy of TopRankings.
So don’t hesitate to contact Digital Rescue immediately and benefit from our free chemistry call if you need assistance with content and designs for your website. We’ll work with you to develop an engaging “About Us” page that accurately represents your company and appeals to your target audience. Find out why we are the best option for your website by calling 1300 912 950 today.